Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting

Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting
Baby Dust, Wristbands, Necklaces and more! (Proceeds go to help fund our journey)

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Results of IVF Cycle 1 - "Chemical and/or Ectopic Pregnancy"


Hard weekend. Friday afternoon into the evening I started bleeding a lot, lots of discharge, bad cramps, dizzy, headaches, was feeling really ill. Still having discharge that is not normal Sat. and today. After a few talks with our clinic over the weekend they think that with the numbers still being low/not up to normal on Friday and symptoms I am having that it's a chemical and/or ectopic pregnancy

Somehow the embryo attached in the tube or somewhere instead of the uterus or it was growing and then something was wrong with the embryo and it died. It can still give off hcg because of the placenta. I have read that 50-60% of first pregnancies can end this way so it's not abnormal to happen. I'll eventually (if I haven't already) miscarry or they will have to give me some meds to help the process along. I go in Monday to check if the hcg levels are coming down by themselves or if it needs help. 

I've heard different stories on how long it can take to get over this, (I guess that is what worries me the most right now). I'm still bleeding and not feeling well so I hope they will give me answers on Monday as to what we can do.  I've felt since day 6 after transfer when I started the bleeding and cramps that something was not right. I thought I was just going to be a BFN because of the way I felt, I never thought to I'd get a BFP get my hopes up for a few days, only to have them dashed again. It's been difficult to wrap my head around it all. 

Even though it's been difficult I do feel peace about the loss of our baby, It just wasn't time yet. This baby was meant for heaven not my arms. I keep telling myself I got to focus on the positive of this, that I did get pregnant finally, we can try again, that God is still working in my life, I trust he will bless us again. 

Thank you all for your prayers and support during this time. My Prayer Request right now... is that my body will process this miscarriage quickly so I can get back to full health and strength asap. If this can happen by the beginning of Nov. we will have a shot to get in another full IVF cycle this year while we can still afford it, before our insurance changes. That is probably my biggest concern right now is wanting to try again but how long will it take and will we have enough time this year.

An Angel in the Book of Life wrote down our baby's name, and 
whispered as she closed the book, "Too beautiful for Earth."



"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
  
"The enemy will try to unravel you, through doubt and fear and confusion. God is a God of order, repair and perfection... What God has so amazingly weaved together, His word will preserve. When you start thinking that "life is coming apart at the seams", just remember who you belong to and allow Him to hold all your threads together." ~Shawn Boreta

No comments:

Post a Comment