Beta Blood Test Number #2 - "Miracle"
Well my friends, today I believe that God is still in the miracle business. I've been so broken for so long I prayed He would give me a clear sign to show He was listening and cared. He sure gave me that sign...
Today started out gloomy and rainy, we took a new route to the clinic that I found out about from a lady in my support group, it was a peaceful route with views of hills and trees turning color, so much less traffic, till we came to the accident with a school bus that got hit by a truck and had to figure out how to go around. This route cut around 10-15min off the trip.
Blood test went well, only one poke again. The nurse is getting to know where in my hand there is a vein that will give us blood. I love our clinic they are so nice to me, I like talking with the nurses they care so much about what you are going through.
On the drive home my husband and I stopped for breakfast at this cute 50's looking diner we found coming back. The food was great, the pancakes even better. I think we found a new favorite place to eat.
Hubby went off to work and I waited patiently for what I had prepared myself to be a bad call. I think I figured out today that my coping mechanism to protect myself from pain is just to assume the worse or not expect any good cause if it does not happen I hurt too bad. I guess I got to have more faith, and keep looking up instead of fearing being in pain and brokenhearted all the time.
Call came in from the nurse around 11am. First things she says is, "Well, we have a miracle here, you are most defiantly STILL PREGNANT! Your hcg went up to 15.2 almost double. I think I passed out for a second in shock and had to have her repeat that several times. I texted my husband at work the news and he didn't get it till after work and he was in shock too and very happy! It was so opposite the news we expected to hear that it blew our socks off.
I go back on Friday for another beta test so still not 100% out of the woods quite yet. (Once we have reached the 14-16 week mark we can be fairly sure that this pregnancy is safe - I think that in a normal preg I'd be about 3 weeks but not sure how they figure out how many weeks in a IVF preg) They want to see the numbers go to 25-30 or higher on Friday. Even though that is still a low hcg number nurse said each of us are different so as long as the numbers almost double every few days our little s/he is growing and doing what it needs to. I felt like our little one was saying today don't give up Mommy I am still here and I am growing :)
I spent some serious time in praising God after she hung up with me and crying tears of joy. Don't ever doubt that God is listening cause He really is. Be persistent in prayer and with your petitions before him so he can bless your life.
I'm only 13 days past transfer so its still early, many hurdles to cross yet to get to a place of safety. We are thinking I implanted late, not on day 3 but on day 6 when I was so sick with cramping. I am still bleeding a very little red, the nurse said it's from the baby aspirin it thins the blood and can cause bleeding and the brown discharge is normal. I've had nausea since yesterday, can't stand the smell of tomatoes, still have diarrhea, can feel flutters in my stomach from time to time, sore bb's, very tired, warm flashes and today I was hungry every 3-4 hours, like a got to eat right now or pass out.
I NEVER thought I'd EVER have the chance to say we are having a baby! I am scared to death that things will continue to progress and this child is healthy and growing but I have faith. We have prayed, many others prayed also, and God answered!! So don't stop now, keep praying for double or more hcg levels on Friday!!
“Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long” (Psalm 25:4-5)
For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Oh Lord, my heart is leaping with joy. So long I have wandered in the dessert, thirsty for a drink of water. I never gave up on my faith in you, believing in your promises, in your word. I praise you and thank you for making me, I thank you for all the years of teaching me, molding me, allowing me to walk the hard road, not because you did not love me but because you do! Because I am your princess and you are my King, you care to much about me to not mold me into your image. Father I pray for my unborn child, that you bless him/her. That you continue to help it to grow big, strong, healthy. Help me Lord to nourish this precious new life, a life made in your image, a life you have predestined to be here at this time. Let me be worthy of this gift, teach me to be a good Mom. Lord let my beta numbers rise, double, triple by Friday. Let this pregnancy be a testimony of who you are, that you still work miracles. I pray for all my fellow sisters, some who are in the 2ww, some who are are still trying, and some are just hurting right now. You see them all, you have a plan for good for them, comfort them, bless them, give them peace, joy and reign down love into their lives. I praise and thank you Father and ask this all in your son Jesus name! I am believing in big things!! "Hear my prayer, O Lord, Give ear to my supplications! In Your faithfulness answer me, And in Your righteousness." Psalm 143:1We are praying and believing in the name of Jesus and we thank You in advance, Dear Lord, amen.
“By faith the people passed through the Red Sea as on dry land; but when the Egyptians tried to do so, they were drowned.
"By faith the walls of Jericho fell, after the army had marched around them for seven days.” ~Hebrews 11:29-30 (NIV)
By faith, I continue through my moments on this journey. By faith, I am in God’s tender care. By faith, He reveals His purpose for me. By faith, I am healed. By faith, there is hope beyond measure.
Something interesting I learned today ...
Break Though Bleeding: Some women experience what is known as ‘breakthrough bleeding’ at the times when your period would have normally been due. So this would be at 4, 8 and 12 weeks of pregnancy. It is often accompanied by the feeling that you would normally associate with your period being imminent i.e. back ache, cramps, a heavy sensation in your pelvis, feeling bloated and ‘off’. Of course the period doesn’t arrive (even though you feel like it will) because you are actually pregnant! During pregnancy, hormones prevent your period from occurring. Sometimes the hormone levels are not yet high enough to stop your period and therefore you have this breakthrough bleeding. It can last for around three months – after this time the placenta begins to take over hormone production from your ovaries. Some women may experience breakthrough bleeding throughout the whole pregnancy and have healthy babies, under the close watch of their carer.
No comments:
Post a Comment