Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting

Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting
Baby Dust, Wristbands, Necklaces and more! (Proceeds go to help fund our journey)

Monday, October 10, 2011

Beta Blood Test Day - IVF Cycle 1

My HCG level today was 8.9

  • hCG under 5 mIU/ml:   Negative. Not pregnant
  • hCG between 5-25 mIU/ml: "Equivocal". Maybe pregnant maybe not. Repeat test in a couple of days
  • hCG over 25 mIU/ml:You are pregnant!
An equivocal test of  between 5 and 25 mIU/cc requires a repeat within 2-3 days. If if goes higher then that's a good sign, but if it goes lower or stays about the same then that's a sign that the pregnancy has failed


Technically I am considered to be pregnant but it's looking like it is just a chemical preganancy and it is possible that all the bad cramping and spotting/bleeding since last Thurs. was me losing the embryo's. Another possibility is the cramping and spotting was just me losing one of the embryo's and the other is still surviving.

I go in Wed. morning for another blood test to confirm the HCG levels go down or up. It doesn't look too promising but there could always be a very tiny chance on Wed. my levels go up (which they said it would have to at least double to show it was making it). I have to stay on the estrogen and progesterone till we know for sure.

I'm still cramping today, feeling very nauseated, tired, spotting has slowed down to barely anything and just a little weird disharge still going on. Plan on resting next two days.

I'm trying to focus on the good which is we now know I can get pregnant (even if it was just a chemical one) cause I never have been ever, in all the 9yrs of trying, my body did finally work right. Maybe some miracle will happen and the little embaby will decide to grow and my HCG will double in the next two days. For one day at least I can say I am finally pregnant. Maybe?, trying to be positive best I can.

If this cycle did not work the clinic said as soon as we confirm my HCG goes down and I get AF we can start again, don't have to wait a month. So that was good. 

Just got to keep trusting God has a plan, keep praying and believing, that's all I can do right now.

2 comments:

  1. I want to bring you some encouragement and some hope! We have several friends who's HCG's were under 15 who went on to carry. In fact Amy of FNF's was only 11 when she first checked hers back in Feb. She carried for 9 weeks, but they got a heartbeat and everything.

    So don't loose hope yet. Keep praying, praying and we will too!! Love ya, and keep that chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how she went through carrying for 9weeks then losing it. This is hard enough. I am praying that either it is a strong positive on Wed. or the levels went down. I don't want to be in limbo kept wondering. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete