Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting

Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting
Baby Dust, Wristbands, Necklaces and more! (Proceeds go to help fund our journey)

Saturday, October 1, 2011

2DP5DT = 2 days past 5 day transfer

 Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
Pretty normal day. Been dealing with a cold. I think I figured out where I caught it from. For a few weeks the nurses and my Dr. at the fertility clinic have been sniffling so I think they passed it on to me. I'm fighting it off better today than yesterday thankfully. Taking Vit. C, drinking plenty of fluids. Snuggled up on the couch with the heating blanket. I am thankful the worse of the cold held off till after transfer as now I have to rest and take it easy for the next week.
Today our little embryo's should be finding a comfy spot to attach to. I've been praying so hard and been so emotional today. I've had slight back aches and a few stomach twinges. Don't know if that means much of anything. I've also been really tired, breast  feel tender but then they have since doing stims so can't take that as a symptom this is working. Still eating my pineapple, made it into a smoothie today. 
Was a little disappointed we where only able to freeze 2 embryo's out of the 10 that where left. They let them grow another day and would only freeze any who made it to full blasocyst stage and that was just 2 of them. I don't get why they can't freeze the other one's too. Now we just have 2 left if this cycle doesn't work. It's hard to understand how you start out with 32 and end up with so very few 6 days later. The girls in my support group said 2 was a good as many of them didn't have any to freeze so focusing on the positive that we have a backup or a chance at another child some other time in the future.
The waiting is really hard. I want to be hopeful and think about things like will it be a boy or girl, twins or one, what will it look like, names, baby stuff but am so afraid to go there, so afraid my emotions won't be able to handle it if we end up with a BFN.
I feel rather numb at the moment but I am doing my best to trust God knows what he is doing and has a plan. Like a friend in my IVF support group said "It's all in Gods hands, not ours and not the Dr's, so have faith in him and in his plan for you and your husband."
I found this online today and thought it was so incredibly neat.
   
A 6 day old human embryo beginning to implant into the lining of the uterus (endometrium). As implantation progresses, the inner cell mass begins to form into the bilaminar disc. The two layers are called the epiblast and the hypoblast.
Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4
Don't give up hope ladies, press in and keep going forward. God's see's your dreams, your hopes and wants to fulfill them.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment