August 25, 2011 - The day our first cycle of IVF began. Seemed like I was waiting forever for AF (Aunt Flow) to show up, 43 days exactly. 43 days to have all kinds of things go through my head, seemed like a lifetime of waiting for something I dreaded the previous 5 months while going through our IUI's. Day one began with my first dose of Zovia birth control. Seemed weird going on bc when your trying to get pregnant. 14 days they told me to prevent early forming of follicles and thin the lining of the uterus.
August 26th - begining of migraines, I shook it off as the package said headaches are normal and kept going on.
August 27th - spent the day at the Brisol Ren Faire had a wonderful time only to spend the night with another migraine, nausea, jaw pain and running to the bathroom no sleep at our hotel room.
August 28th - that evening had a emotional breakdown just bawling, followed by shivers so bad I couldn't get warm, jaw pain, headache, whole body hurt, then later sweats all night long. My husband wanted me to go to the ER, said my lips where blue and I was confused. I don't remember much of anything of that night. That was my first clue that maybe this bc pill was not sitting right with me.
August 29th - spent the day in bed feeling terrible, pain, nausea, headache.
August 30th - looked up zovia side effects and sent a message to my Dr. wondering if I could be allergic. I didn't want to stop it as I was afraid to mess up doing our first IVF cycle
August 31st - woke up with rash on my stomach, spent the day playing phone tag and e-mail tag with the Dr. till they finally said yes we should change your bc pill. Put me on a different one lower dosage. I started to feel better almost right away.
Sept. 4-5th - started having a pain in my chest, hurt to breathe by 1am Monday morning it got so bad I was throwing up. Around 6am I woke my husband up and said time to go to the ER I felt like I was having a heart attack, the pain had gone into my shoulder, neck and right arm, back. After a few tests to rule out heart attack, blood clots, the Dr. said I had some inflammation on my lungs leading to pain and compressing of the nerves. They pumped me full of pain meds, nausea meds, antiflamitory's. We still don't know the total reason for the sever pain I was in but the Dr. was pretty sure it was still side effects from bc pills. I only had 3 days to go on them so of course I kept going as it seemed the new pill wasn't as bad.
Sept. 6th - AF finally left the building after 13 days
Sept. 8th - doing much better, breathing is better, pain has mostly gone away. Excited to get going with IVF but a little scared how my body with react to the medications given being allergic now to zovia. I was told it is rare to be allergic to bc pills but with all the bad side effects I am surprised more are not.


No comments:
Post a Comment