Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting

Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting
Baby Dust, Wristbands, Necklaces and more! (Proceeds go to help fund our journey)

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 1

Check eggs for fertilization (the presence of two pronuclei or PN's)
Below we can see a normally fertilized egg. The arrow indicates the two circles (pronuclei) containing small dots (nucleoli). One of the pronuclei contains genetic information from the egg the other from the sperm. It is thought that polarity of the pronuclei and even distribution of the nucleoli between the two pronuclei indicates the potential quality of the developing embryo. The pronuclei are usually checked between 16-18 hours after the sperm is added to the egg. The 2PN will eventually disappear with the union of two gametes this is known as Syngamy. The zygote is now on it's way to become an embryo. 



Clinic called a little bit a go we have 14 fertilized zygotes out of the 32 eggs. That is a lot better than what they estimated yesterday, they said maybe only 30% so like 6-9 but we got closer to 45% with 14. 
They said this will give us a good chance now, tomorrow they will call with quality, grading of the embryo's.
It's so weird to think we have what could be our future baby growing right now in the lab. 
We are doing a day 5 transfer since we have over 8 fertilized. Going to be so neat doing the transfer on our anniversary. Very special. 
I'm feeling better. Less pain when I pee, still tender in my stomach, getting up and down feels sore. Resting and taking it easy got to get my strength back for the big day. 
Please keep praying for our little embybabies that they grow and we have a good report Tues.
Psalm 34:8-10 Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him! 9 Oh, fear the LORD, you His saints! There is no want to those who fear Him. 10 The young lions lack and suffer hunger; But those who seek the LORD shall not lack any good thing.
 "Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10 
Feeling so emotional tonight. I've never been this close to actually becoming pregnant. To think about having eggs that really fertilized is mind blowing.
I get waves of happy then sad. There is so many what if's to even get to transfer day. Will our embybabies continue to multiple and survive in the next 4 days? If I allow myself to think of all the things that could go wrong, do I have good eggs, will they divide right, no fragmentation, I go crazy, I don't think I am ready emotional, or mentally to even go down the road of this not working, so I try not to think, pray tons and give it to God. 
Lord bless these embryo's and bless my womb allow us to finally have a child and be a family.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment