Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting

Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting
Baby Dust, Wristbands, Necklaces and more! (Proceeds go to help fund our journey)

Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Consumption of Mass Quanities of Fluids

With IVF I was told you need to drink while stimming (giving yourself shots) at least 4 liters a day if not more and 1 liter should be something with electrolytes in it. Doing so is suppose to help prevent OHSS
It will be quite a challenge to get that much down in 24hours. I am imagining many trips up the stairs to the bathroom. Just had to add some humor to that with the picture below :)
I've been looking for an electrolyte not as sugary as Gatorade (although I did buy two big bottles to start me off with) and no artificial sweeteners as I read that can cause miscarriage. Someone suggested coconut water (guess Target sells it) or make your own pedialyte so found a few recipes sharing below.
Grape Homemade Pedialyte Recipe:

1 liter drinkable water

1 tablespoon salt

2-3 tablespoons sugar

1/2 packet grape kool-aid


Cherry Homemade Pedialyte Recipe:

1 liter drinkable water

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 tablespoon salt

3 tablespoons sugar

1/2 packet cherry jello
( I guess you can freeze them into ice cubes or Popsicle too may make it easier to get down)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment