Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting

Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting
Baby Dust, Wristbands, Necklaces and more! (Proceeds go to help fund our journey)

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Good News ... Bad News

Another trip to the clinic this Sat. morning. Man was I tired, hard to wake up early on a sat. and want to travel anywhere. The thought of getting some shrimp at Cracker Barrel for lunch got me going and gave me something to look forward to after the clinic visit.

One thing I really like about our clinic is they are open 7 days a week. Our bodies don't know when it's the weekend so if your fertility specialist is not open on weekends than find another RE. They are also available for questions by e-mail or phone anytime of the day or night. I really appreciate that as I have had to call a time or two and use the e-mail lots of times. They usually always have a prompt reply to any questions or concerns I have. They also have a patient portal and post all my test results or medication instructions online for me to see all in one place. It is quite nice while going through IVF I can see a calendar of each day with what dose of meds to take and when to come back in. Very helpful.

Today's visit was good and bad. My Dr. had been gone this week so I had seen his wife the other Dr. instead. I guess they wanted me to come in today, a day early, cause there had been concern this week that I wasn't showing enough progress on the medication. I had had a feeling Thurs. that maybe something wasn't too good and had my suspicions confirmed while doing the ultrasound my Dr. says "well things are looking better than I expected, I was quite worried". I was like worried what does that mean and he had to explain from the reports I wasn't progressing very fast this week. He said I was just slower to respond to the medication because this morning I has some new follicles. Today I was up to around 10 each side, with 6 on one side and 4 on the other getting larger (between 9-13cm). The bad news is it still is not what he would like to see for me, the good news is I was much further along than Thurs. He was hopeful it will only get better from here but we will see. It made me quite worried and upset but all I can do is give it to God, he's in control of this all!

We are praying that by my next apt. Tuesday that all 20 of those follicles have grown and gotten BIG!!! They need to get up to 15-20cm before retrieval.

In the meantime I'll stay on 450iu of Follistem at night and the Ganirelix in the morning for probally another 5-6 days. With retrivial pushed back now to Fri. or Sat. Will have to order more medication on Monday as I won't have enough Follistem now that we are going longer with this cycle and my dosage was so high.

We where unable to do my blood work up as the nurse couldn't get any good veins today. It is so hard to get blood from me. I am black and blue all over. We try every vein we can see but either they are too deep or they collapse when a needle goes in them. She was the only nurse there today otherwise we get the other 2 in on the action which usually works to get blood. Dr. thought though that my estrogen is going up based on the ultrasound results, lining being thicker, and bleeding stopping so he was good with skipping the blood this time.

We go back Tues. morning ... Till then I will keep drinking the fluids and going to try to up my protein intake in hopes that will help nourish those eggs to grow.

I could use prayers that all 20 follicles grow grow grow, BIG!!! and be great if there was even more follies if there could be as not every follie contains a egg, and for awesome high estrogen levels and good progesterone levels this time. That they can get the blood out on Tues. :)


A ultrasound example picture of what it looks like when I go in for my visits. What they are looking for, the round follicles, and how many of them. The Dr. then measures each one and that info is recorded on the screen. It's pretty interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment