Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting

Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting
Baby Dust, Wristbands, Necklaces and more! (Proceeds go to help fund our journey)

Friday, November 18, 2011

IVF Cycle Two - Second Embryo Report

 
Just got my update call for today ...
From the 12 eggs they let mature in the lab 2 more of them fertilized with ICSI. We now have the 4 that where mature right away and 4 from the later mature eggs for a total of 8 embryo's that fertilized. 8 is better than the 6 we had yesterday.
For development today's update is that all are dividing beautifully and are considered Grade 1 which is the best they can be so far. They where very happy with that as yesterday Dr. was unsure how and if they would develop, but God answers prayers, no fragmented or non developers in the bunch today.

The lab checks them again on Sat. morning but since they are dividing and growing normally it is looking like a day 5 transfer which would be Monday. Always the possibility that may change depending on how they look each day but I am so relieved right now.
Yesterday the Dr. had me so scared talking how things didn't look good, that he was disappointed in the results, had me thinking none of my eggs where any good, what went wrong, could I have done something else etc. etc.

At least with the report today I can breathe again knowing my babies are safe :) Praying for another good report tomorrow.

Taking it easy trying to recover from ER, heartburn hell and constipation from anesthesia still working itself out and forgot how bad estrogen hot flashes are. 
*Last Cycle 
Grading: In a typical scheme in which embryos are graded from 1 to 4 (with Grade 1 being the best), Grade 1 embryos are morphologically perfect, with round, symmetrical cells.  They have the appropriate number of cells for their stage of development.  Cell division is even, and there is no visible fragmentation.  Only 20% of embryos receive the highest grade.  Most embryos have slight imperfections, and this is normal and expected.  Grade 2 embryos have the correct number of cells for their developmental stage, and usually have even cell division.  They might have slight unevenness of blastomere sizes and/or a small amount of fragmentation (<20%).  Grade 3 embryos have uneven cell division and moderate fragmentation (>30%), or are behind in their development, or have similar irregularities. Grade 4 embryos have uneven cell division and extensive fragmentation (>50%).  They may have few viable cells or be completely fragmented. Generally, embryos graded at the bottom of the scale are associated with poor chances for a viable pregnancy.

Devotional Thoughts:
This old hymn came to mind today. I don't know what it is about the old songs of faith but in times of struggle I seem to recall the words of these precious songs.

One Day At A Time
I'm only human; I'm just a man
Help me believe in what I could be and all that I am
Show me the stairway
I have to climb
Lord for my sake
Teach me to take
One day at a time

One day at a time, sweet Jesus

That's all I'm asking from you
Give me the strength to do everything that I have to do
Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus
And tomorrow may never be mine
Help me today
Show me the way
One day at a time.

Could you remember

When you walked among men
Jesus, you know when you're looking below
It's worse now than then
Pushin' and shovin' crowd in your mind
Lord for my sake
Teach me to take
One day at a time
 
Another Version of this old Hymn 
ONE DAY AT A TIME, SWEET JESUS by Marijohn Wilkins and Kris Kristofferson 
I'm only human, I'm just a woman. Help me believe in what I could be And all that I am. Show me the stairway, I have to climb. Lord for my sake, teach me to take One day at a time. Chorus: One day at a time sweet Jesus That's all I'm asking from you. Just give me the strength To do everyday what I have to do. Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus And tomorrow may never be mine. Lord help me today, show me the way One day at a time. Do you remember, when you walked among men? Well Jesus you know if you're looking below It's worse now, than then. Cheating and stealing, violence and crime So for my sake, teach me to take One day at a time.
There is another good song called "One Day At A Time by Jeremy Camp." I think God is showing me today to take life one day at a time. Don't worry about the future as He holds it in his hands.

There is Power in Prayer: If you look up the word Prayer it is listed as a noun and the definition says “a devout petition to God or an object of worship.” Prayer is more alive than what the definition would claim and to me it is an action verb.
“Pray to Me in a time of trouble, I will rescue you, and you will honor me” Psalm 1:20-3
I have studied prayer through books, and the Bible and have heard countless sermons on prayer. Nothing reminds me better than what Jesus said “You do not have, because you do not ask God.” James 4:2
 
We must ask, and as we begin this process and see prayers being answered our faith will become stronger and stronger. Prayer is an action, a verb not an adverb or a noun…a thing or a sweet sentiment found in a greeting card. Prayer is the very tool we can use here on earth to help us through our trials, grief, and circumstances.

“Ask, and you will receive. Search, and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened to you. Everyone who asks will receive. Everyone who searches will find. And the door will be opened for everyone who knocks.” Matthew 7:7-8

“Everything you ask for in payer will be yours, if you only have faith. And when you stand in prayer, forgive whatever you have against anybody so that your Father in heaven may forgive your failings too.” Mark 11:24-25 

It takes more than just asking God in prayer…it takes believing that you have already received what you have asked for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment