Hubby took a little nap in the car while I went in to get prepped in my room. Brought some vitamin water to drink to get my bladder full and looked at Martha Stewart magazine Thanksgiving recipes. About 45 min later my husband came back all suited up and the Dr. came in to talk about how the embryo's where looking today. I honestly don't remember all he talked about as I wasn't feeling the best. I know he said that we had 1 full blastocyst and 2 almost full blastocyst and several of the rest where just about to become blastocysts. So we talked that doing the 3 best one's would be a good plan for transfer. They will call tomorrow about the rest and if any made it to freezing.
Before we did the transfer the Dr. wanted to do an internal ultrasound and make sure he didn't see any bleeding, cysts or abnormal swolleness of my ovaries due to the pain and not feeling good. He also looked externally said they are a little swollen but nothing that would indicate a problem or OHSS and felt we where ok to transfer. That I just needed to take it easy, no lifting, rest, drink lots of fluids.
The hardest part of transfer is having to have a full bladder and holding it. I had to hold it for an hour while waiting, hold it while in the surgery room, then hold it while they are pressing on my bladder with the ultrasound and the tube is being inserted, laying there waiting for the lab tech to come in with our three embryo's took forever. Was so glad when it was over, hard to focus even on seeing the ultrasound of the embryo's going in cause I really thought I was going to pee on the Dr. this time. Thankfully they give you the option of emptying your bladder with a catheter, it must of been supper full cause it took awhile to get it empty was kinda funny.
Then you get wheeled back into your room where you get to lay flat and rest for 30min. This time it was hard to get up cause the Valium pill made me woozy and dizzy. I had to wrap the blanket around myself and run to the bathroom cause my bladder filled itself up again lol. Got changed, made my apt for our beta on Dec. 1st at 8:45am and then off home ... stopped on the way to get in my Burger King burger fix, for some reason it's the only thing I've been hungry for, then home to rest, wait and pray :)
Sending out the husband to get a pineapple so I can get started on five days of eating it. Meds: Crinone suppositories 3xday, Estrogen pills 3xday, Baby Aspirin 81mg, Predisone 20mg. Still talking my protein drinks, with green powder, fish oils, prenatal, folic acid.
Good luck hope it works this time :)
ReplyDeleteThank You Kim
ReplyDelete