Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting

Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting
Baby Dust, Wristbands, Necklaces and more! (Proceeds go to help fund our journey)

Friday, December 20, 2013

IVF#4 Follicle Check #3 (day 10 of stimming)

Woke up this morning to a layer of ice all over the streets and car. By the time we had to leave for the trip to our RE it got better but I was pretty nervous about travel on the road. Thankfully it was good there and back home. Check up went ok, was disappointed that it seems I have less follicles then in the past and my RE wants to go a extra 2 days to let the one's I do have grow more. Thankfully a follower of my blog was kind enough to send me two LH shots or I'd be sunk as I did not have enough meds to go 2 - 3 more days. So thank you so much for that. My RE reminded me I am also 2 yrs older and 40 now so for my age I am doing well. I just worry that with 1 out of 6 embryo's for someone of my age only being normal we won't have enough follicles to get to that 1 good one. Talked a bit about how many to transfer still up in the air will have to see how they fertilize and how many get to blasts this time around. We still have our two frozen as back up.

Numbers for Today:
Estrogen 732.2
Progesterone 0.94
Right Follicles - 18.24, 17.37, 16.92, 14.62, 12.26, 10.66
Left Follicles - 17.4, 17.12, 16.6, 16.4, 15.23, 15.23, 14.15, 12.93, 11.05
I was told when I started IVF that we would be using Lupron to trigger and they would be giving it to me didn't need a prescription for trigger, then they mentioned using Ovidrel the other day now. I figured no problem I got two shots in the fridge. I just checked my two shots expired on 7/2013. I emailed them tonight to tell them and it's too late to get them thru my mail pharmacy and I don't know if I can get them at a local pharmacy now or not. Talk about stress right now not having meds I need. Now I just hope we can get a trigger shot in time. Mad at myself for not checking expiration dates sooner this week but then I didn't think I 'd need them either. UGH!
We go back Sunday for next follicle and blood check and then from there he thinks we will be a go for ER on Christmas Eve day now. I know my dh was not happy about that as we had planned for Sunday or Monday at the latest and his side of the family all gets together on the 24th this year for the Holidays. I told him I will just have to go anyway that ER is usually early in the morning and your out by noon or so and I can just sleep the 4hrs trip to his Mom's and will do my best to do Christmas and survive somehow. We have not told his side we are doing a IVF cycle and don't feel the need to. It will be difficult for me for sure going from surgery to yay it's Christmas when I will probably be tired, sore and want nothing to do but be in bed. I wish it had not timed out this way but it did and not much I can do but go with the flow and pray God provided the strength to get through.

I am pretty much exhausted. I have Sat. to recover from all the trips this week and plan on wrapping up Christmas gifts, catching up on laundry and maybe do a bit of cleaning but overall I need to just sleep!

Isaiah 40:31 Amplified Bible (AMP)
31 But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired.



12/21 Search for a Trigger Shot:

Took us ALL DAY but I got the two shots - we had to drive an hour to a Costco only place with them. Insurance would not cover it cause I didn't get pre-auth for it so I had to pay over $200 for them - I am so upset that I cost us money for meds and gas we did not have.

Finally getting to sit down and I am so tired I can't see straight and am feeling dizzy but I have to do bills and a few other things that I did not get done today cause of this situation.

Snow storm rolling in tonight so getting to the clinic in the morning is going to be a challenge, talked to them today and they said if for some reason we just can't to call and they will try to figure out a plan of action, will this all timed and being this close to ER time it may mess everything up, so please pray that we get there and home safe. Will take our Jeep so that will help some with 5-9inch of snow but it's still a long way from us to the RE and back. Scott figures we will have to leave here by 6am at the latest to give us enough time to go slow there.

Honestly can't handle much more. I kept getting told this week all in God's timing and I am like well if his timing is not now then it's not going to happen for us, we don't have anymore resources to keep going and I am burned out. All I've wanted is to be a mom for so long that to hit the end with very slim chance of this IVF working and trying to cope with the emotions of having to move on if it don't is bringing me to a all time low.

1 comment:

  1. I bet your trigger shot will be fine. Looks like all your follicles are close in size and progesterone is still low. Fingers crossed for a great response this cycle for retrieval andquality for transfer.

    ReplyDelete