Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting

Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting
Baby Dust, Wristbands, Necklaces and more! (Proceeds go to help fund our journey)

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

IVF#4 Retrieval Day

Finally made it to retrieval day. Was a little behind getting out the door this morning to the clinic as I also had to get things packed and in the car for also going up north to see my husbands family for Christmas Eve get-together. But we got there on time even a little early at 8am. The got me set up in my room and changed, IV in. My husband didn't come back till later they had him wait in the waiting room till they where ready for his part then took him to a room for his sample. Wheeled me in the operation room around 9am. Got me set up in the wonderful stirrups that are so fun for my back to be in. They wrap your legs all up and get sterile cloths everywhere. Dr. came in and did my catheter and started sterilizing the area before I was out. I don't think they gave me as much meds in the past as I do remember some things and they said I dozed in and out. I kinda heard them say we got 20 eggs then I think I was out till they where waking me up in my room and saying Scott was coming in. The nurse then told me the lab tech said the final count was 29 eggs, she said when she was looking at them during retrieval many where nice and juicy looking, her words lol. Tomorrow we find out how many where mature, how many fertilized (doing ICSI again). I think my RE was surprised we got so many cause he estimated 16 last ultrasound we did. I don't know if I was as suprised as even though I am now 40 and it's two years since we did a egg retrival all my testing came back well. Our first IVF we had 32 our second 18 and third we had 28 so having 29 with round 4 is great but does not mean much. Over the next 5 days many will not make it that is normal and just how IVF works. Just need to pray that this time the quality of the embryo's is outstanding cause of all the extra things I've done and there is one embryo in there that will stick and stay this time.

After we left the clinic around 10:45am I was starving so we stopped for Chicken for lunch. Then I slept in the car while my dh drove up north to his family we got there in record time and where able to be there before dinner to visit. Just got back to our hotel room around 11pm and it's all hitting me how tired and sore I am . I did drink like 3 liters of smart water and 2 liters of regular water and ate some chips for salt to help head off any issues. I think the meds for putting me under are messing with my tummy some and hope they flush out soon. I can not wait to get on the road tomorrow and get home and in my own bed to rest up for transfer day. This part and waiting for numbers and after transfer are so nerve wracking.

12/25 - Christmas Day 
Never been happier to be home. The hotel last night was hot woke up sweating to death, dh says it's hormones lol as he was freezing. Beautiful Christmas morning with snow falling lightly. I've been suffering since last night with gas pains and constipation from the anesthesia meds really bad bloated up, it sucks. I just took a big glass of prune juice and miralax in hopes it cleans it out and settles this down. Been drinking a ton but it's like I am retaining it so don't know if I should really keep drinking more or what right now. Ate some salt in case that help. I hope we hear from the clinic tomorrow am anxious to know what is going on. I think they called while we where gone today but left no message :( . Kitties where happy we came home, happy to eat too lol. Watching the Bible on history channel and chilling out. Two days to recover and get some house cleaning done before transfer day. So nervous not sure how many to transfer, would be so wonderful if they would get to 5-day expanded or hatching that is the best quality, still thinking about doing 4, this just has to work.

1 comment:

  1. I am in the Ivf group with you on fb. I was just stopping by to check on you since you haven't updated in awhile.

    ReplyDelete