Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting

Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting
Baby Dust, Wristbands, Necklaces and more! (Proceeds go to help fund our journey)

Sunday, December 22, 2013

IVF#4 Follicle Check #4 (Trigger Day)

Woke up this morning to a white out of snow everywhere. Think we got  6-8inch. Very thankful we have a Jeep with 4 wheel drive or I don't think we would of made it to the clinic. As it was it took us almost 3hrs in the snow going slow to get there was about 15min late but they understood. Left this morning at 6:00am got home around 11:30am went and had lunch and I came home and passed out for most of the afternoon felt so good to sleep and rest.

Check up today went great. :) After 12 days of stimming (doing shots to stimulate ovaries to produce follicles) we are ready for egg retrieval.

Estrogen
1341.1
Progesterone
1.56
Lining was around 10

Follicles Left: 21.28, 20.92, 19.72, 19.54, 18.39, 17.94, 17.52, 15.18, 14.79, 14.72 < 10mm 5 to 7
Follicles Right: 23.41, 20.07, 19.52, 18.93, 18.9, 12.7 < 10mm 8 to 9

RE said he expects to get at least 16 eggs this time around and thought that was good numbers. I think out of all 4 IVF cycles I have the biggest follicles on the last day before trigger this time. You want them to be over 18 for best maturity.

Progesterone has stayed under two YAY! and estrogen is doing well too didn't get too high. So as long as we have embryo's that fertilize (doing ICSI again) and get to day 5 we will get to transfer fresh one's. I still am undecided on how many to transfer if I want to push it and go with 4 this time around as we know that only 1 in 6 will be normal in someone of my age with PCOS and we could not afford the PGD genetic testing on the embryo's that would of helped us rule out which one's to transfer. Praying on what to do.

Tonight at 10pm I do trigger, two shots of Ovidril HCG 250ug each shot so 500ug total, to help mature and get the eggs ready for retrieval. I did question if that was enough as my BMI is 34 and it suggests online doing 3 shots with BMI over 30? Hoping I won't get too sick from the triggers, in the past I have gotten sever cramps the night of trigger.

IVF hCG Trigger
The hCG trigger injection is one of the most critical parts of the IVF medication protocol. After the eggs have been stimulated to grow and develop, the hCG trigger is the final medication given before the egg retrieval.

The hCG trigger has several functions:

  • Induce final maturation of the eggs
  • Cause the resumption of meiosis
  • Loosen the egg's attachment from the follicle wall
  • Allow for the timing of the egg retrieval
Tomorrow I get a break from all shots including the Lovenox as I am to hold that till after surgery. I will be glad to not have to poke myself with something for one day. Although the PIO shots are coming up next and I am not looking forward to having to have my husband poke me in the hip again I hate those shots.

Retrieval will be Tuesday at 9am and my RE thinks we would be out by noon at the latest so we may then drive up north another 4hrs to be at my husbands family get-together on Christmas Eve. I'll just sleep in the car. Tuesday my husband also has to do his thing in a cup, been giving him Fertilaid for men to help his swimmers RE said supplements can't hurt so hope it helps him have some good numbers.

Transfer will probably be Sat. Dec. 28th be a 5-day. Praying now I can make it through egg retrieval the holidays, get some rest, lots of great eggs and embryo's and some good blastocysts. Praying we have the best blastocyst's ever for transfer day.

Medications day of transfer, start in on antibodies for 5 days, Estrace pills 4xday, PIO shots 2CC in the morning and 2 Progesterone Pills at night. I am suppose to hold on the Lovenox and start day of transfer but am nervous about stoping it for that long. My RE said it's ok to do baby aspirin day after egg retrieval already so not sure why my RI said no Lovenox other than they said it's better to not risk bleeding, going to ask my RE see if he has opinion on it if I can start it again day after then stop night before transfer maybe. Just don't want to risk my blood flow going down when it was borderline normal the other day on the shots.

Dear Lord, the pain of infertility is so deep. All of our lives, we dream of being mothers, of raising children with loving hearts to do your will on this earth. Month after month when that dream does not come true, it so painful, Lord. We feel like our dreams die each month with empty arms. Please guide us to trust in your plan for us. We desperately need you in our lives. Thank you for all the blessings we do have, knowing through you all things are possible. Amen


Our view of the snow in WI leaving to the clinic this morning. Thank you Lord for getting us there safe and home today!

No comments:

Post a Comment