Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting

Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting
Baby Dust, Wristbands, Necklaces and more! (Proceeds go to help fund our journey)

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

RI Apt. FET#2

Yesterday we went to see my RI reproductive immunologist. I had a extensive blood flow ultrasound done and my flow was at a 2 which was good (similar to last FET). Without Lovenox blood thinner shots my blood flow is a 0 which is not conducive to being able to support a pregnancy. They have me doing 2 a day this time around to help. My lining with them averaged at 7.7 so up a bit from last FET. (My RE had me at 9.25 but they always seem to have me higher than my RI). The lining was nice 3 layer so that all is great.

They took blood and are checking my chem panel, PAI-1 gene and a few other things as they like to monitor my overall health too especially on all the medications I am on. I am so bummed my insurance is not wanting to cover doing my NK killer cells and Cystine levels as they could not do those tests yesterday and find out my numbers this time around. I even sent in letters to my insurance on why I need the labs done and called but they are still reviewing it all and we decided at $900 a pop we had to wait. I may be low on potassium and why I am having leg cramps from the steriods so they will let me know on that one when tests come back.

The only concern my RI had is I have a tiny 2mm cyst in the upper part of the uterus in the endometriam(sp?). You don't really want anything in the uterus at all when doing a transfer so I was a little shocked my RE did not mention or monitor this issue when I had ultrasounds this cycle with them. My RE did see it when I went in almost a month ago for my first u/s and then told me it go away with my period but it did not and they never said anything about it again so I did not know it was still there.

My RI felt is was small enough that it could just be caused by the medications I am on and may resolve when the progesterone starts or is tiny enough it won't interfere with implantation but if this FET does not work I need to insist on my RE doing a saline ultrasound to make sure it's not a issue that has to be fixed.

I have a call into my IVF cord. at my RE clinic to discuss these findings and set up transfer for the 21st. I am really not happy with my RE at the moment that they never talked about this tiny spot. They should of not proceeded if they saw it during my second u/s of the cycle but they never talked about it again. I could of just canceled the whole cycle but the thought of starting over etc is to much for me to go thru again right now. All I can do is leave the issue in God's hands and pray it shrinks and is not anything that will be a problem.

My Intralipids IV went well last night we hit up the Coram infusions place on the way back up from IL to WI - I get really tired after doing it and lose my appetite for a few days as it's a high fat content so it's like a nutrition supplement as well as helping lower my NK killer cells. I seemed to have bp issues all day yesterday and could of been from the 8lb weight gain (from all the predisone) so I have to get my walking in each day and do better on the low carbs. It was a long long day and I am really exhausted today and thankful I have a week yet to recover from all the travel till transfer day. Thank you for everyone's continued prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment