Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting

Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting
Baby Dust, Wristbands, Necklaces and more! (Proceeds go to help fund our journey)

Monday, October 21, 2013

FET#2 Transfer Day

Didn't think transfer day for FET #2 (5th transfer with IVF) would ever get here seems like this cycle took forever to get through. I was very relieved my reg RE was there today. Was a long day up at 5am to do my progesterone shot, shower and get on the road to the clinic, there is a detour on the way there so it takes a bit longer to arrive as we had to go around to get there.

Got there around 9am did my progesterone, estrogen blood work followed by ultrasound to check on the cysts. My RE said it was still very tiny and to him it was not anything like a polyp or growth but just a tiny bit of fluid and he felt it would not interfere with anything. I guess I felt reassured but when I told him that my RI suggested I do a saline ultrasound again if this cycle is a bust he said why we did one on you and I was like yes but that was 2yrs ago and if I do a fresh IVF cycle I want to make sure all is ok in there, figure if my insurance is still picking up the bill this year then why not and it's a simple procedure to do and tells a lot about the inside of the uterus. But we are going to remain positive thinking that it won't get to that.

Around 9:30ish my wonderful acupuncture lady showed up for my relaxing before transfer session. She turns up the energy levels on transfer day and really gets the needles going. After that was fill the bladder and drink drink drink got down 2 liters worth to fill up my bladder enough, that part is the worse it's so hard to hold your pee while you get a specular stuck in you and a long needle like tube while up in leg stirrups and someone pressing a ultrasound machine wand down on your belly right above your bladder, it's all one can do to hold it together while transferring lol.  Had them empty my bladder with a cath after like usual, nothing like peeing in a bucket in front of your dh and Dr. to humble a person. I think along this journey I don't really have any more self conscious about my body it's like ok get it done it's just body parts etc. The embryo lab guy (most expensive babysitter as my RE likes to call him) said that of 3 frosties he unfroze that 2 looked really good excellent and 1 was average. I am glad we choose to do 3 this time around maybe 1 of them will be the one. We still have 2 frosties left but the plan is if this time is a bust to go into a fresh IVF cycle and have those 2 as back up.

Transfer was around 11:45ish I was happy to have my RE back as I like his bedside manner so much better on how he does things and my favorite nurse I had not seen in months was there too she was there when I did my other IVF's in 2011 and I was glad to see her and have her there with me this morning.

Then after was another round of acupuncture and relaxing for a hour while laying flat. Finally got out of the clinic a little after 1pm. The valium they have you take was knocking me on my butt making me really sleepy.

My dh wanted to go to a book store while we where in that town so he looked around while I chilled and we did lunch a few errands and headed home. A long day but hopefully the last time I have to see the inside of the transfer room. Wore my lucky owl socks today from a friend. Didn't really take any other pictures this time around felt we did all the other cycles so at least we got those. I did get 1 ultrasound picture of them putting in the embryo's isn't that exciting but it's a pic at least. Now it's rest and relax and wait. I got another session of acupuncture on Wed. and Sun. Then Oct. 31st is our beta so only 10 more days to wait till we find out but it will be a long 10 days. Was talking to my frosties and told them to behave this time and find a place to settle in for the next 9months cause they are no longer allowed to misbehave it's time one of them decides to be a good little baby. :)


Ultrasound image of the 3 embryo's being transfered to my uterus


My lucky Owl socks for today



3 comments: