Life has been hard last few weeks. Feels like the month of January has been a blur. After we found out we had another mc, my period showed up a day later with a vengeance. Heavy and bad cramping, nausea the whole nine yards for over a week. No sooner did I recover from that then I got a sinus infection that began to creep into my chest. I am on antibodies now and beginning to feel better physically.
Emotionally I am still a wreck, especially today. I wish the nurse had never told me dates, today would of been our 7week ultrasound to see the heartbeat. If she had never told me that I would not of thought of that today, all I could think is I should of been happy today. I don't even know how we will get to do a FET and try again. Trying our best to save so we can have what we need to pay your 3k insurance deductible but it is not easy. I wish money was not an obstacle to whether you get to be a parent or not.
I read the devotion below this afternoon and it is just like how I feel a pile of dried up broken bones. Trusting God has a plan, that we will be able to save what we need and the new specialist will have answers to help us have another chance.
The hand of the LORD was upon me, and He brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD and set me down in the middle of the valley; and it was full of bones. He caused me to pass among them round about, and behold, there were very many on the surface of the valley; and lo, they were very dry.
He said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" And I answered, "O Lord GOD, You know."
Again He said to me, "Prophesy over these bones and say to them, 'O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.'
“Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones, 'Behold, I will cause breath to enter you that you may come to life. I will put sinews on you, make flesh grow back on you, cover you with skin and put breath in you that you may come alive; and you will know that I am the LORD.'"
Ezekiel 37:1-5
Has infertility dried up the joy in your life so that you feel like nothing more than a pile of dry bones? I’m not talking about just feeling tired of the struggle. Not just heartsick when you walk into a room of women talking about their labor pains. I’m talking about a jumbled mess of remains of formerly alive, vibrant people! Not people who could be revived with a glass of water, or even those who had recently passed away, but those whose lifeless bodies have baked in the hot, dry sun so long that they had decomposed into nothing more than a pile of dry bones!
Are you dry bones? Avoid people? Don’t read your Bible? Have you stopped praying? Have you seen your spiritual life become like a pile of dry bones as you’ve trudged the journey of infertility for too many years?
If so, I have good news for you! Dry bones are beginning to rattle! The breath of God still blows in the Valley of Dry Bones!
In this vision, Ezekiel begins to hear rattling. The dead, dry bones are beginning to come together as flesh and skin begin to cover them once again. The breath of God blew on them and these dead, dry bodies sprung to life again! God raised them up and created an exceedingly great army of those whose heartaches had diminished them to nothing more than a valley full of very dead, very dry bones!
Why would God have allowed the people in this vision to die, dry up and clutter a valley with such morbid décor? If He was going to bring them back to life anyway, why would He allow them to die in the first place? Why would He allow infertility in your life? Why not lead these people—and you—on a holy detour around the tragedy that obviously befell them?
The answer is found in 37:13: “Then you will know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves and caused you to come up out of your graves, My people.”
God can raise you up from the devastation of infertility, breathe His Spirit into you and cause you to be a part of an exceedingly great army! You didn’t realize it, but you are actually in basic training! Imagine how infertility can be part of the testimony of your life! A child born after an impossible medical diagnosis is give to his/her mother is testament that God is the giver of life! A childless couple thriving despite the unmet desire for a child demonstrates unflinching faith in an unseen God! This valley you find yourself in today is a chapter in the story of you! Your life can be encouragement to those who travel down infertility path behind you.
Trust God in this valley. Trust that He will restore life to dead, dry bones!
No words can express how you must be feeling... I am so sorry this happened to you. I have suffered as well. Just know that even though I don't know you, ou are in my thoughts :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Crystal!
ReplyDelete