Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting

Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting
Baby Dust, Wristbands, Necklaces and more! (Proceeds go to help fund our journey)

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Started Provera

CD22 today. Started in on Provera yesterday for the next 12 days to bring on my period. Meds usually work pretty fast on me so I am thinking by next week we will be getting this IVF going. Not looking forward to winter here in WI and snow and trips back and forth to our clinic almost 2hrs one way. Had a dusting of snow already this week just praying it all holds off for us. Scott should be able to do some driving soon his shoulder is getting better, if nothing else I can shift for him if the weather is bad he is better at handling it then me. I don't see us being able to consult in IL with Dr. K this time around just too much travel and I won't drive there. I'll just have to go off what we did in the past for starting my blood thinners, predisone and setting up the intralipids. I can't really do the NK killer testing anyway as my insurance is bawking at paying for repeated testing right now and being stuck with $900 lab bills each time they test is not what we can do.

The main issue now is getting my IVF medications. I have most leftover I can use but there is one I still need. I've been going crazy dealing with my insurance's new policy that says I need pre-auth to get my IVF medications now. My Clinic had to re-fax them the information as they said they did not get it all the first time. I've been on the phone Friday, Monday and Today going back and forth and about to pull out my hair just to get my meds. And the specialty pharmacy is closed for the holidays on Thurs and Friday so I don't know if I will even get my meds shipped out this week. Thankfully I have 5 shots of a similar med Ganirelix we can use if the Cetrotide does not show up in time. Also still dealing with getting my insurance the information they need to review for the PGD testing pre-auth they said they never got that fax also and I had to have my clinic re-fax. It's enough to drive one crazy dealing with this all and some of my insurance reps are down right rude and you never get the same rep so I have to explain the situation every time I call. Right now I am waiting to call again as they did finally receive the fax for my medications but the nurse has to review it yet today.

Thanksgiving will just be me and Scott. My sil passed away in Oct of cancer and she always hosted thanksgiving for my husbands side of the family and with her gone it seems they won't be getting together this year. My mom is gone volunteering to help with a community meal. We don't really have any other family so it gets lonely for the holidays and not something I even look forward to anymore. More than likely we will end up with a close to Christmas transfer again this time around. Our #3 IVF we transferred on Christmas Day. Making any Christmas plans is hard to do till I get my calendar.

Getting very weary of  the constant stress of ttc. My 40th Birthday is coming up Dec. 10th closer we get the more down I've been feeling. I think last 6 months I really been feeling my age and looking at friends with kids almost grown makes me feel even older and sadder while we have none. Tired of having a empty nest and nothing to look forward to especially around the holidays. So ready for our Christmas Miracle!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment