Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting

Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting
Baby Dust, Wristbands, Necklaces and more! (Proceeds go to help fund our journey)

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

DH Shoulder Surgery Day

Today was my husbands shoulder surgery. Had to be at the surgery center by 6:15am to check in and then we where there till after 1pm. The surgery went well but the damage to his shoulder was worse than what the Dr. thought when he got in there. His bicep in the shoulder area was 50% torn and out of the grove it's suppose to be in so he had to cut it and reattach it in the right place repairing the tear etc. Also did the AC joint and cleaned up the bone spur arthritis area. After recovery he should be pain free in that shoulder we hope.

Now the recovery process begins. Since things where worse it looks like he will be off work longer then the 8weeks we thought maybe more like 12 now to allow the bicep to heal cause of the kind of job he has he can't go back till he can lift again. Little worried how we make it that long on less pay with his disability will be a few lean months for us. Friday starts his PT already. Right now he is hooked up to a ice machine that is attached to his shoulder and pumps cold water over it 24/7 to keep the swelling down. I have to fill the machine up with new ice and water every 6hrs or so. So far the only pain is in his back, he has a nerve block on his arm and it has not worn off all the way yet so for now his shoulder is not too bad.

Going to be a challenge to help him through his recovery and also do our IVF. After we got home today I ran into town to the local lab to do my FSH labs tonight. Friday after I take dh to his pt he is riding along with me to see my RE, I'll have to do the driving for now which is hard on me as I have driving anxiety so praying the weather is good. Got to think of questions and what I want to go over with my RE for this IVF cycle so we can have a good plan going forward.

Thankful that tomorrow we have no apt's and we can both rest. Before his surgery I had him help me with a ton of cleaning and pick up outside etc. cause I knew he would have no use of his arm for awhile, so glad we got stuff done. I am worried about snow though still need to find help if it does snow for removal.


No comments:

Post a Comment