Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting

Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting
Baby Dust, Wristbands, Necklaces and more! (Proceeds go to help fund our journey)

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

IVF#4 getting the ball rolling

Yesterday my husband and I went and had our blood work up done at the local lab. We had to repeat all the infectious diseases tests and my TSH and AMH had to be done.

AF also showed up late last night so today is CD 1. I will be doing some more labs FSH on CD 3 Thurs. so we can apply to our insurance to see if we can get coverage for PGS Genetic Testing of our embryo's. I called my insurance yesterday on a whim to see if they cover it as without coverage it's over 5k to get done and they said I have to send in day 3 blood work and medical notes/records from my RE as to why it would be necessary to do the PGS testing and then a nurse looks it over and decides if they will grant coverage so I am going to try for it.
PGS generally refers to the screening of chromosomes for aneuploidy (an abnormal number of chromosomes). PGS is the term used more often by reproductive endocrinologists when discussing infertility with couples struggling with issues involving age, repeated in vitro fertilization (IVF) failures, recurring miscarriages, or having had pregnancies that were genetically abnormal.
Today I talked with our clinics IVF cord. and set up a apt with my RE on Friday at 11am for a consult about the fresh IVF go over a plan what we can do different or better than last times,really want to make sure we have the best plan for me having PCOS and embryo quality this time around, talk about the genetic testing options and doing the karyotyping blood work too. I feel good about doing this as I have hardly been able to see or talk to my reg RE during my FET's as he was out for medical reasons then seemed really busy. I think sitting down and going over a plan will be good and set my mind at ease.
Then next Friday the 15th I will have the Sonohystogram done. It's one of the requirements to do a fresh IVF and I have not had one done in 2 years. My RI also recommended I get one done if the last FET failed to make sure the small cyst she keeps seeing is nothing of a issue. My RE felt it was not so we will see what it reveals. I hope nothing bad or that delay everything for us. I am not looking forward to going through the procedure again it's not pleasant. I think most of what I've had to do is not pleasant but one finds the strength within to endure and push through the parts that suck cause you want to achieve the dream so badly.
We will then induce a period earlier with medications sometime after that so I can get a fresh IVF done before Dec. 31st. Or at least that is what me and the IVF cord talked about will see what my RE wants to do. Will have to be firm with him as we have to do this and complete the transfer by that date or we can't at all. Our insurance starts all over on Jan 1st and coming up with everything out of pocket again is not in the cards for us at this time. This IVF is our last shot. We said we would go till we had nothing left and this is kinda it for us. I need a good plan and everything to work out right this time, a happy ending.

Going to be tricky fitting this all in this week. My husbands shoulder surgery is Wed. His first pt is Friday at 7:30am is at least an hour long. I got to drive him to that then will have to drive to my RE place (1 1/2hr one way) after that to be there by 11am. Praying God helps me drive and the weather is good clear roads cause I am not a driver will be a challenge for me.

Kinda ok with waiting as there is a lot going on right now to be starting stims. Gives us time with my dh surgery for me to concentrate on that for a bit first, take care of him while he recovers and my body a little break. May also be able to get down to chicago too to consult with Dr. K my RI before the fresh IVF starts to get her ideas on things. That one I can't drive to so will have to see how my dh feels after surgery and go from there on when to make the apt. to do that trip.

Thinking I will do a detox too get all the crap out of me before the next round begins of meds. My dh wants to do it with me so that will help. Be good if I lost the weight I put back on doing our FET's before IVF starts. 
Still a lot of things that have to go right in order to do this IVF. All my labs have to come back ok. The sono has to be clear too. So please keep praying for us. 

1 comment:

  1. i really admire how you keep going at this, praying for you

    ReplyDelete