Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting

Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting
Baby Dust, Wristbands, Necklaces and more! (Proceeds go to help fund our journey)

Monday, July 29, 2013

RI Apt.

Finally home after a never ending long trip to IL. Up early to get ready and out the door by 9am. Made it there in time to stop for a salad for lunch which I was very thankful for since my apt went LONG as it always does. Was at the RI office from 11:15 to 2:35pm. First we did a ultrasound did several measurements of my lining. It was not as thick as my RE has it (9.36) They measured it at 7.7mm averaged. Was a little surprised in the difference but I know their u/s machine is way more high tech then the one my RE uses. They assured me that anything over 7 is good and that I still have almost a week to continue to grow it. Next we did blood flow measurements. My bf is greatly improved. Where I had 0 in Zone 3 I now have 2 which is what she wanted to see at minimum. The first time I did this u/s I scored a 6/21 and was told my uterus had a 0% of conception. With there help I am now at a 14/21 and have a 60% chance of conception. It's not as good as I would of liked to have seen it but like they told me it's over 50% better and now I have a chance.

 
My ultrasound report - from a 6 to a 14 :)




Second part was meeting with Dr. Kwak-Kim's assistant Margaret. Went over the results and I asked her my list of questions. We are going to re-test the NK Cells next week, draw blood with my RE on the 5th and overnight fedex it to them again. Make sure the predisone and intralipids are doing the job or they may up my predisone to 30 from 20mg during the 2ww.  Confirmed I have to do 2cc not 1cc of progesterone shots each morning. The Lovenox they want me to skip a dose the night before transfer then do 1 the night of transfer and then day after transfer we are going to 2x day. If all works as planned they will keep up with me on testing and will want to see me back in IL for another u/s etc. 2-3 weeks after pregnancy.

The nurse today was so nice to me she came and talked to me about her experiences that I should try not to stress she knows what it's like to mc and go through infertility but it can have a happy ending you just got to keep looking up. Gave me some much needed encouragement after a long tiring day.

Tonight I sent off the results to my RE clinic. I am not happy my RE is gone and I got the other RE now as she is not up to speed on my case and I really needed his help to monitor this all so I am just praying this works with him out. I will have to call the IVF coordinator tomorrow before we leave for Milwaukee for my Intralipids to see if I can make the apt. for transfer day times on August 5th as I want to also have the acupuncture before and after at the clinic so that has to be scheduled in with them too. 

All in all I am a big puddle of nerves, knowing this is only the beginning of what could be a long 9 months. I've done everything I can to get my body prepared for this to do the medical work, diet, exercise, I've given God my best to work with and all I can do is lay it at his feet and trust him to complete a good work in me and my husbands life.

Praying for some rest tonight my neck is not feeling the best from 2 days of in the car and one more day of travel to go. Intralipids IV, getting my book packed so I have something to do while sitting there.

Please continue to pray with us. Thank you!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm definitely praying for you!! Good Luck tomo and the 5th is so close, just around the corner. :)

    ReplyDelete