Test results from Dr. Kwak-Kim
Just got to the hotel from my apt with Dr. Kwak-Kim in IL.
Tired and overwhelmed but I am going to try to explain what is wrong ...
1. Blood clotting issues - most of the testing came back ok except for...
PAI-1: (it came back as homozygous mutated so I inherited this disorder
from both of my parents) normal is 4-43 and mine is at 70. This puts
me at risk for thrombotic stroke, myocardial infarction, venous
thrombosis, diabetes and pregnancy issues.
Protein C: was elevated normal is 70-180 and mine is 200
Factor XIII V 34L Gene Polymorphism: is heterozygous mutated, which
means I have inherited that blood clotting disorder from 1 of my
parents.
(TREATMENT) Metformin (which I am already on), VIT E 400 units daily, Fish
Oil 1200mg daily, Diet, Exercise, Baby Asprin 81mg daily. During my FET I will have to do
Lovanex Shots daily to thin the blood and also during pregnancy.
I
do not have the MTHFR but I did show that for my Homocysteine levels that I am at 10.2 and she wants them at more like 9. This test shows I
am not absorbing folic acid and vitamins like b-6 b-12 properly even
though I supplement so that combined with my other clotting issues means
it needs to be addressed. (TREATMENT) she is putting me on Metanx http://www.metanx.com/learn-about-metanx/
2. DHEA level was LOW - normal is 102-1185 mine was at 81 (TREATMENT) a
month before FET and leading up to transfer I need to supplement with
25mg of DHEA. Being low is also connect to thyroid function. http://www.womentowomen.com/adrenalhealth/dhea-naturalandsupplementation.aspx
3. VIT D was borderline normal on the low side so she wants me to supplement with 2,000IU a day.
4. Thyroid - my u/s showed a normal thyroid
Blood work though was not normal. THS was 4.81 (the highest it ever has
been and reason why my hair is falling out too) Normal is 0.47 - 4.68
but for ttc you need it at 2.0 or below. So my thyroid is working to
hard and is starting to fail. (TREAMENT) Starting me on Synthroid 24mg,
then blood test in 2wks see if levels are going down adjust meds, then
blood at 4wks. During our FET she wants it tested every single week.
5. NK Killer cells - where elevated slightly and did respond and where
lowered with IVIG. The TH1/TH2 (inflamation) was high at 35.0 normal is
13.2 - 30.6. (TREATMENT) see if by addressing the above issues these
lower,(so retest in 5-6wks) otherwise start predisone at least 2 weeks
before our FET and maybe IVIG too.
Everything else came back at normal. No autoimmune issues. Normal blood panel etc.
So right now I got to get on medications and deal with the thyroid,
lack of my body absorbing vitamins, keep on my diet, exercise and go to
my family dr. for bp. In another 5-6wks I go back and we see where my
levels are at and then make a plan for FET. She wants me to get my RE to
write up what he would want me to do then she will interject what she
wants to add to it. Some of it I will have to travel to her to do.
(which kinda sucks as it's a long trip and gas adds up)
Feel a
little overwhelmed by it all but relieved I am not crazy thinking I had
issues. Dr. K said for sure these things would of caused failed
implantation and mc. Some of it is the genes I inherited and only so
much one can do to control it. But I need to do certain things now not
only for getting and staying pregnant but for my health. I can't help
but feel let down by my RE about the blood clotting issues those are
things that could of been found even before my first IVF as with the
thyroid, they always said its normal but Dr. K says nope it is not. Glad
to have a next step now, it's a start.
Glad you got some answers and a plan of action
ReplyDeleteI'm really glad they have answers and a plan. I think your on the right track. If you have thyroid questions let me know.
ReplyDeleteVery glad you got the answers you needed to help you have the most success. Yay for God sending you to this doctor.
ReplyDelete