Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting

Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting
Baby Dust, Wristbands, Necklaces and more! (Proceeds go to help fund our journey)

Monday, March 18, 2013

Apt. obgyn

Got a apt tomorrow with a obgyn. My family Dr. didn't want to deal with my blood pressure said I should go see someone who knew more what I should be on while ttc. So I got a apt with one, sent them my records from the RI all the testing I just had done so they also know what I am dealing with for the future. Hoping they will be able to put me on something else safe to take and get my number lower last check it was 150/100 even on meds.

On the good note the thyroid meds seem to be making me feel better today was 1 week on them now. Next week I do my first blood draw to see if they are lowering my levels back down. Still waiting for my Metanx to come in the mail hoping that will be soon. One step at a time maybe by end of April we will be on the way to doing a FET. Just trying to be patient in the meantime lose more weight and let these new meds get things to work better.
 
UPDATE 3/19: My apt. with the obgyn went well today. Explained my whole ttc journey in a few sentences lol - She feels she can help me monitor my health and even into pregnancy she said I can always transfer if they decide I am more higher risk than they can handle. We went over what is currently wrong with me took note of the clotting issues. My bp is way HIGH we took it with 3 different bp cuffs the lowest one was 148/106 the highest was 220/108 so defiantly have a issue. She put me on Nifedical xl 30mg and I have to go back next wed. to check my bp and if still not lower we will up the dosage till we get it back to normal. Pharmacy said if can cause headaches and dizziness at first so I am taking it at night. Glad I went in as it was dangerous high. Also talked about weight loss as they do have a program there but insurance won't cover any of it so that was a bummer, she said in 3 months it help me drop at least another 20 if I followed it but the cost is not something I can see doing right now. Going to just keep on the track I am on be more strict I got the readers digest 30 day diet and going to do that, up the exercise. I feel a ton better on my thyroid medication too so things are coming along.
 UPDATE 3/27: Blood pressure still not in check was 145/101 not much better from the week before. So they doubled my bp meds. I was not happy about it as it made me really sick for the rest of the week while I adjusted to the higher dosage. Praying next week it's better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment