As I reflect on the past events of my life I praise God for allowing me the clarity of mind to understand that even in the hard times of life we are not to despair or fall into depression. We have the free-will and power through Jesus name to say no and rebuke the enemy out our minds.
I think of this life here on earth as a test, each trial we go through is a learning experience and how we choose to see the world and react to it in a way determines in the end where we will spend the next life. Will we look through this life with God's eyes or will we let the enemy control our thoughts and emotions. Will we continue to praise and rejoice or wallow in self pity and depression. Will we run the good race or give up in the middle of it. Each day I focus my eyes on the cross, not behind me, not to the side, but ahead. Each bump in that road is another opportunity for the Lord to mold me into his image. Today I praise him for all the bad cause without it why would I need him.
I’ve been through a lot. So, what happens to my praise and thanksgiving when my day is darkened with a multitude of problems? Do I still sing to Him anyway? You bet! When my eyes spill over with the tears of heartache, do I still look to Him and praise Him? Absolutely! When chaos invades my world, do I still claim His peace and praise Him? Yes! For “I will praise the Lord no matter what happens. I will constantly speak of His glories and grace.” (Ps. 34:1 TLB)
I believe God is grieving with me this week. Could God have stepped in and changed things, maybe, but for now it is not my place to question him but to TRUST him! This world, this earthly body is not my home and it is most important I focus on where my heart is, is my attitude Christ like?
I often think about what others see out my life, do they see a believer who is constantly depressed or do they see someone who is filled with love and joy. The most important thing I can do in this life is to be a light for Jesus and reflect his image. That is why when I see so many Christians who constantly complain, always depressed, whine, woe is me. Honestly I don't get them. I've been thru just about every kind of Hell in this lifetime. Not once did it make it better to allow satan to control my mind and emotions. Many forget how to be thankful, forget how blessed they are. We have so much while so many have nothing or yearn for love and family and have none.
Today I will move on, I know I will see our little one again in heaven, I do ask for prayers as later this week I will be going to the Dr. for a shot of medication and some suppositories to start the mc. I have heard it can be very painful and make me sick. So please pray for my physical well being, that everything will pass, no complications and quick physical recovery from this all.
Paul’s statement is now mine, “I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of contentment in every situation, whether it be a full stomach or hunger, plenty or want.” (Phil. 4:12 TLB)
“No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” (1 Thess. 5:18 TLB)
Your strength amazes and inspires me Silla. Hugs and prayers to you and your hubby!
ReplyDelete