Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting

Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting
Baby Dust, Wristbands, Necklaces and more! (Proceeds go to help fund our journey)

Friday, February 8, 2013

First apt. with Dr. Kwak-Kim

Scott and I left WI on Thursday the 7th driving into the snow storm the closer we got to IL, thankfully we made it there ok and found the hotel, got checked in and relaxed. 7:30am Friday morning came quickly, found the clinic and got checked in. I was glad I had asked what they would be doing before the apt. or I may of been lost what was going on.

First up with the external u/s that I drank water for to have a full bladder, after that I got to empty my bladder and undress for the vaginal u/s. That one was interesting as I got to see on the screen her measure the blood flow in different parts of the uterus, she examined the ovaries and found tiny cysts on them consistent with PCOS except I never had polycystic ovaries that my RE ever told me about.  Was in u/s for about a hour then they transferred me to blood. Thankfully she got a vein on the first try, emptying me of 20 vials of blood. Felt a little dizzy afterwards so they took my bp and it was high 150/100. Next was a short physical exam and some other questions on health history with the nurse practitioner. Finally at the end I got to meet Dr.Kwak-Kim and talk with her. She ordered a Thyroid ultrasound at the end as she wants to make sure nothing is going on with it.

Relieved the first apt is over, the hardest part was the LONG drive there and back. We return on March 8th to go over all the test results and she will give me some recommendations. In the meantime I need to consult with my family dr. or a cardiologist to make sure the bp is under control better and continue on my weight loss journey, sticking to a insulin resistance diet.

Thank you everyone for the prayers!

First Apt. Agenda Friday, February 8, 2013

New Ultrasound 7:30 am

New Patient Blood Work  8:45 am

GYN Exam 9:15 am - with M. Sullivan, NP

New Patient Repro 9:45 am - with J. Kwak-kim, MD at Vernon Hills Reproductive Medicine


Thyroid Scan 11:00am


What is Reproductive Immunology?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reproductive_immunology
http://www.repro-med.net/repro-med-site2/

1 comment:

  1. Sound like things went well. Looking forward to hearing what they say!

    ReplyDelete