Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting

Visit my Shop Hoping Believing Waiting
Baby Dust, Wristbands, Necklaces and more! (Proceeds go to help fund our journey)

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A MUST read book!

So I have been reading "Is Your Body Baby Friendly? by Dr. Beers". It's all about immunology issues and effect on infertility, mc and your health. It was recommend to read before I go see the RI (reproductive immunologist) so I can understand more of what she is testing for and talking about during our consult.

Last night I was reading the part about PCOS and was fascinated by what he said about it. He talked how most RE's will treat the hormonal component of PCOS but there is still a immune issue of PCOS that is not treated by just a RE. That he feels that PCOS is closely related to Diabetes and maybe just another form of it. Right now I am already on the metformin so that is a good thing to help treat the disease. He then went on to talk about serotonin levels and their effect on infertility and link to Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia (of which I suffer from) and even how low serotonin levels contribute to weight gain and if you can raise those levels it will help with weight loss, and also reduce pain which is why antidepressants help those with Fibro. Lack of serotonin also can cause issues with blood flow to the uterous is not relaxed enough to pass nutrients properly through the placenta to the baby. From my understanding all this maybe a result of NK cells being overactive too.
 Lots of info in there all relative to me and so many other woman dealing with failed IVF cycles, mc loss etc. The biggest thing is the health effects and how doing this immune testing should not only show things about infertility but give me clues on my health and treatment for it.

Anyway it's a good book would recommend it to anyone dealing with Infertility. I am looking forward to meeting with this RI in Feb. I think this testing will bring me much needed answers, maybe even a healthier me and prayerfully help me become a mom too. If you want to order your own copy I have a link to it on amazon above in my suggested resources.
 Is Your Body Baby-Friendly?: Unexplained Infertility, Miscarriage & IVF Failure - Explained

No comments:

Post a Comment