A few weeks ago I sent in all my medical records to a specialist. The call came in that she looked over my paperwork and is now ready to see me. I called today and got a apt. set up with her. (this Dr. is world renowned in helping woman who mc or unable to get preg, get and stay preg, she is a reproductive immunologist)
We go to see Dr. Joanne Kwak-Kim in Vernon hills, IL on Friday Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:30am. Not sure yet but am thinking we may have to go down the night before stay at a hotel, otherwise we will have to leave WI by 3:30 or 4am in the morning to get there in time. It's a 3hr apt. I can't eat after 10pm the night before and have to drink lots of water in the morning cause they do a 2 u/s first, one tests for blood blow to the uterus and the other is a reg vag u/s, then a physical with the nurse practitioner, blood work, then you see the Dr.and talk with her. It's a 3 hour visit.
I talked with the billing dept and cost is 1k for the exam and 2k for blood work. So I have between today and Feb. to raise what we need for this apt and all the testing. Doing this all will be a expense, with our crap insurance the first 3k is all out of pocket before they pick up 60 to 80% so technically we need the opm (out of pocket max) of $6800 saved to continue treatments. I currently have $2500 saved out of our goal of $6800. Unfortunately, when I became preg in Oct. we had to use some of what we had saved for the Dr. visits and then the mc care so our savings is not where it was. At the time we where excited thinking this was it and I would not have to go through anymore testing etc. Not much we could do about it we had to pay those bills too. It was at the time one of my greatest fears that we would mc again and be out the money. All we can do is trust that God will provide. That is what we have done for the past 10yrs of ttc is trust Him one baby step at a time.
I am really really nervous about seeing a new Dr., it's never fun to go through what I have been dealing with the disease of infertility. All the poking and prodding and being nude in front of strangers is never pleasant. At this point though I am willing to try anything we can to get one more chance to become parents and hold a live baby in our arms. I am most afraid she will do testing and find nothing or will find a lot wrong that can't be fixed. I know there is many simple things like blood clotting disorders that are easy to deal with though.
After we see her and do testing then she will work with our RE here in WI to come up with a plan for a FET (frozen embryo transfer) we have 7 snowflakes right now. None of this has any guarantees but then nothing in life really does. All you can do is try.
*Please keep us in prayers that Dr. Kwak-Kim finds answers...that God will provide the money we need for this...for my nerves, safe travel to this Dr.and a happy outcome in 2013.
How you can help: I have paypal donations set up on my HBW page or I still have our magazine fundraiser by clicking HERE if anyone wishes to contribute towards our journey and help us be able to do the testing and later a FET. Thank you so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment